W E L C O M E
to the Rodmell village community website
Our website aims to be a source of information for all areas of life in the village of Rodmell and neighbouring hamlet of Northease. It is for everyone who lives here, and for all ages and interests.
Residents and businesses in the parish are invited to send in any items they'd like included on the village website - click on FIND OUT MORE >>>
For more about our website, and how to get your information put onto it, click on the RIGHT >>>
Find what you're looking for in Rodmell & Northease by choosing from the Headings on the LEFT <<<
Please remember that all information on this website is provided in good faith, and the administrators cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
Scroll down this page to see local village news, and what's on in Rodmell this month.
NEWS! ... News! ... NEWS! ... News!
Citizens Advice Bureau - Lewes Open Day and appeal for volunteers
Lewes and Seaford CAB currently has a shortage of volunteer advisers at both its bureaux and is, therefore, having a recruitment drive with an open morning on Wednesday 4 December when anyone who is interested would be welcome to go along and find out more.
To find out more, call us for an informal chat on 01273 473082 and see Links with Rodmell
Open Day: Weds 4 December, 10am-12pm at Lewes CAB,
3 North Ct, Town Centre, Lewes BN7 2AR
Rodmell Parish Council minutes
The Minutes from the RPC meeting held on Monday 4 November are now available for all to read - see Groups & Activities. Items covered included tree planting along Princess Gap on Thursday 28 November - anyone who'd like to help should come along with a spade at around 10am - see Diary & Events for details.
Collection for Lewes Victoria Hospital - Thank You!
16 October: Mary Goodson would like to thank everyone who so generously donated to the recent annual collection on behalf of the League of Friends for Lewes Victoria Hospital. The grand total collected in Rodmell this year is £442.
Monk's House car park
September: The archaeologists working on the site of the extension for the car park for Monk's House have now finished their excavations. To read about the work by the archaeologists, see Notice Board.
Work on extending Monk's House car park is expected to start soon, and should take at least 6 weeks. For more information, please contact Alli Pritchard, Property Manager at Monk's House on 01273 474 760.
See also the Minutes from the Rodmell Parish Council meeting held on 1 July 2013 in Groups & Activities.
Rodmell to Southease - Egrets Way
Natural England has announced funding of £117,000 from the Paths for Communities scheme for construction of a new bridleway running alongside the River Ouse linking the villages of Rodmell and Southease - another link in the chain of The Egrets Way. To read all about this, see Links with Rodmell.
Problem dogs on The Drove
Rodmell Parish Council continues to try to find a solution to this problem (see Minutes of Parish Council Meetings Groups & Activities).
Please could everyone who experiences any problems going past the smallholding - such as feeling intimidated or having their dog attacked - inform the Clerk to the Parish Council (see Groups & Activities for contact details), so that she can keep a record. This will help with future resolutions of this problem.
Rodmell Parish Council: Minutes of previous meetings
The dates of RPC meetings, plus Minutes & Agendas, can be seen in Groups & Activities
WHAT'S ON this month in RODMELL ?
Services in St Peter's Church, Rodmell
For details of all the church services in St Peter's this month, see About Rodmell and in the Parish Magazine (copies available in Church).
Village Hall bookings
For information about booking Rodmell village hall, and to see the list of bookings made for this month, see Diary & Events
Abergavenny Arms pub
Our local pub is now run by Lucie and Jon, and they welcome everyone to our village pub for their exciting programme of great food, special offers, live music, and lots of activities - see About Rodmell for details.
To book a table, phone 01273 472 416, or see About Rodmell and www.abergavennyarms.com
Monk's House & garden
Monk’s House and garden are now closed for the winter.
To find out more about meetings for the following groups, please contact the organisers for each:
- Rodmell Camera Club
- Rodmell Sewing Group
Sunday 1 December
- Advent Service of Light 4pm in St Peter's Church - all welcome to this start to the Christmas season of Advent.
Tuesday 3 December
- Parent & Toddler Group meets in the Village Hall, 9.30am-11.30am. See Diary & Events for details.
Wednesday 6 December
- Rodmell Bridge Club meets every Wednesday evening in the Village Hall from 7.30pm–9.30pm in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere - All welcome. See Diary & Events for details.
Thursday 5 December
- 1st Rodmell & Northease Cubs/Scouts meet every Thursday evening during termtime: 6.30pm at the Village Hall. See Diary & Events for details.
Saturday 7 December
- Rodmell School Christmas Fete 2pm at the school.
- The Rodmell Derby 7.00pm for 7.30pm start of first race in Rodmell Village Hall. See Diary & Events for details and how to get tickets.
Tuesday 10 December
- Rodmell & Southease WI Christmas Meeting for members, 8pm in the Village Hall. See Diary & Events for details.
Friday 13 December
- Northease Manor School end of Term.
Tuesday 17 December
- Carol Singing in the lower part of Rodmell – meet at Rose Cottage at 6.30pm. All welcome to help swell the sound - musical or not! Children are especially welcome.
Thursday 19 December
- **Carol Singing in the upper part of Rodmell* meet at Smugglers in The Paddocks at 6.30pm. All welcome to help swell the sound - musical or not! Children are especially welcome.
Friday 20 December
- Rodmell CofE School end of Term.
- Scottish Country Dancing in the Village Hall, 7.30pm-9.30pm - all welcome! see Diary & Events for details.
Sunday 22 December
- Carol Service 4pm in St Peter's Church - all welcome.
Wednesday 25 December
- Christmas Day Service 11am in St Peter's Church - all welcome.
Monday 30 December
- Book Group meets 8pm in the Abergavenny Arms with a meal - see Diary & Events for details.
See Diary & Events for more about all these events, and also for those happening in the months to come.
Do you have a news story?
If so, please contact us and let us know what you would like to see displayed on this page.